1. Drive on top of amazing bluffs with a “painted” appearance.
5. Find petrified tree trunks!
6. Drive by painted hills. Can you see why this place got the name Painted Desert?
8. Stand back and feel like John Wayne is about to come galloping through on horseback.
9. Visit the historic Painted Desert Inn.
10. Leave all firearms in your vehicles or at home.
11. Admire murals by Hopi artist Fred Kabotie .
12. Order a hamburger for 55 cents! Or perhaps an Extra Rich Malted Milk, All Flavors?
13. Be sworn in as Jr. Ranger of the National Park Service, Petrified Forest/Painted Desert Dept.
14. Visit the rooms at the Inn, and dorms of the Harvey Girls.
15. Enjoy the combination of sun & snow!
Writing, eating, loving, laughing, and enjoying where life takes me.
Advertise with us!Interested in advertising on our website? Send us an email!